All good things come to an end...

... so did the Social Sabbatical last Saturday.

On Friday we had our closing event with all teams and the host clients. It was organized as a panel discussion where every team first summarized its experience from the past 4 weeks and then was asked different questions about the project. After the event it was time for the first round of farewell, we had to say goodbye to our hosts with whom we spent most of the time during our stay. I was glad to get a traditional Moroccan Shirt of Adnane's fashion brand that perfectly complements my new babouches. Do you like it? 😜




In the evening we celebrated. We started with our final dinner together as a global SAP team (at least the last one for now, who knows, maybe there will be some reunion in future) in a French restaurant accompanied by Jazz music. As my birthday was on Saturday, some colleagues already started to celebrate with me some hours early. 😉 We continued and finally ended our party in the bar next to our hotel. Some weeks too late we found out that they have live bands on Fridays. There we could also officially start my birthday with the band performing a mixture of joyeux anniversaire and happy birthday. Thanks Lyly and JC for initiating this. There is only one word to summarize the evening: legendary.





Being back home for some days now, it is time to reflect on my experience in Morocco and my takeaways.
The application mail to the Social Sabbatical is the ticket to a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Use it.
What do I take home:
  • People - It was my pleasure to spend this time with such a nice bunch of people within the SAP team as well as the host client and Pyxera. Some of them made it into my heart and became true friends. 
  • Serenity - Take things easy and not always too serious. To say it in the words of a colleague: 'Today maybe. Tomorrow, no problem.'
  • Social Impact - I never dealt with social businesses and their impact before. It was great to see all the good things that they bring to Morocco's people. 
  • Inspiration - The Muhammad Yunus event was really eye-opening. If you have an idea, don't hesitate and try to start something.
  • Memories - With all the beautiful weekend trips and all the nice things we experienced, I will keep Morocco in mind for a long time.
This is the last post of my social sabbatical blog series. Thanks to all of you out there who joined in for reading.

Let me end with saying thank you: Shukran SAP, Pyxera Global, MCISE, the social sabbatical SAP team and my boss for providing me the chance to join this program and for making it an unforgettable experience.


Over and Out! 

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

2nd weekend: Hammamgate

3rd weekend: On the trails of kings and Romans

Week 3: Bringing the puzzle pieces together